Thank you for choosing Cat Utopia Resort & Spa for your cat’s holiday
Please read below to become familiar with our checking in process and what you need to bring with you to make your check in and your cats holiday a happy and relaxing one.
Please re-check your booking confirmation emailed to you. Let us know ASAP if there are any errors or changes by emailing us or by phone in advance.
We understand the emotions behind leaving a loved one in someone else’s care. We are a passionate, professional, caring team and are here for both you and your feline friend!
Our first-time customers will be provided with a one on one viewing of your cat’s suite and you will be able to see them off on their fun-filled holiday (this can not be done in peak periods December/January). We find this will ease your mind and make your holiday or venture a lot more relaxing. We do ask that this is only for first-time customers as we do try to limit the number of people going through the resort as we want our fur guests to relax and have fun.
For all subsequent visits, our nannies will look after your cat as if he/she was their own, and help them quickly settle into the suite.
When you arrive, make sure you keep your cat well secured in an escape-proof carry cage.
Our nannies are looking forward to meeting your furry friend and taking care of them on their holiday here at Cat Utopia Resort!
Please arrive at reception at the time you have notified us on your booking confirmation.
At Cat Utopia Our fur Guests are our No 1. Priority and we spend a lot of time with them that is why we have limited hours for Check Ins / Check Outs and Resort Tours (Reception Hours).
Reception Hours for Check In / Check Outs and Resort Tours are:
Monday – Saturday 9:00am to 11:00am ~ Closed on Sundays
Office Hours for contact via phone & emails are:
Monday – Saturday 9:00am – 4pm ~ Closed on Sundays
If you are coming out of hours please see our After Hours Transit Lounge for additional information regarding this service or speak with one of our nannies.
Please note: we do require 48 hours notice to change the checking in time. Once you have checked in your check out time can not be changed.
After Hours Check In and Check Outs via Our Transit Lounge by Appt Only
Monday – Saturday 12pm – 4pm
Sunday 10am – 3pm
Fees do apply for usage on Sundays $15
Things to remember to bring with you
- Current Vaccination Certificate
- Flea prevention is essential for all cats and must be applied every month
- Worm prevention is essential for all cats and must be administered every 3 months
- 2 Alternate Contact Person Numbers and Emails for this stay – in case of emergency or questions
- Details of special medication (Vets instructions) – plus enough medication to last the duration of your cat’s stay
- Special Dietary / Prescription Food if applicable and labeled with cat’s name and last name.
Please do not bring belongings with your cat as our aim is to make all kitties feel comfortable with our beautiful bedding and furnishings.
Dining at Cat Utopia
What we provide:
Breakfast: Selection of dried food A La Carte chicken and brown rice, A La Carte Salmon and brown rice. Dried food will be always topped up during the day so your cat has access to it.
Dinner: Kangaroo Mince, Whiskas chicken, Whiskas Beef, Whiskas Seafood, Tuna, Smittens chicken, Friskies, Catchet.
If your cat requires an extra meal in the day this can be added for an extra $3 per meal.
If your cat eats another brand or is on prescription diet at home, please bring this along with you. It is known that cats can be finicky about food when they experience change so providing their home diet is very important so they enjoy their meal times.
If your cat requires an extra meal there is a cost of $3. All our guests are fed dried food for breakfast and moist food for dinner and topped up with dried food throughout the day if required.
A pedicure / nail clip is compulsory for all cat’s boarding at our resort. We ask that this is done only a week before boarding. If you are unable to clip your cat’s nails, we are able to do this for a charge of $10 per cat.
Cats require minimum F3 annually – Feline Enteritis and Cat Flu (F3 or F4).
To ensure the safety and comfort of your cat and our other guests, a vaccination certificate must be produced on arrival or can be emailed prior to check in.
Vaccinations take up to 14 days to take effect if they have not kept them up to date.
Flea Control to be done every month or every 3 months depending on brand (even if your cat is an inside only cat) and must be up to date. If your cat’s flea prevention is due whilst staying at Cat Utopia we will apply at a cost of $15 and this will be added to your account. You are more than welcome to supply your own and we will apply at a cost of $5 and this will be added to your account.
Worm Control to be done every 3 months (even if your cat is an inside cat) and must be up to date whilst staying at our resort. If your cat’s worm prevention is due whilst staying at Cat Utopia we will administer at a cost of $15 and this will be added to your account. You are more than welcome to supply your own and we will administer at cost of $5 and this will be added to your account.
At Cat Utopia Resort our nannies are fully trained in administering all types of medication. If your prescription medication instructions differ from the Vet’s instructions on the label on the bottle or pack, please contact your Vets to write a letter with the new instructions so we can accurately administer medication.
We cannot accept prescription medications in any other container or with any other instructions.
Unfortunately, we do not take cats who are on insulin injections.
We charge a $3 fee for each medication or additive to the pet’s meals.
Our signature TLC Program is included in all our suites
- Interaction with Nannies
- Gentle Brushing (does not include grooming or knot removal)
- Daily Monitoring of Emotions
- Daily Monitoring of Health
We offer a variety of enrichment programs to suite each individual cat, please speak with one of our nannies who would love to tailor make your cat’s personalised holiday.
We offer a variety of enrichment programs to suite each individual cat, please speak with one of our nannies who would love to tailor make your cat’s personalised holiday.
If felines sent postcards, you an just imagine what they’d say! so much fun and variety for cats of every kind with our Jungle Gym, Outside Play Gym, Cuddle Time and Office Time.
- Intensive monitoring of health
- Walking and access to sunny areas for them to laze in the sun
- Vitamin and mineral supplements when required
- Specially prepared senior food
- Step up bench for access to sleeping areas
- Extra litter
We realise that kittens do require extra attention and play time to keep them busy during their holiday! The Kitten package is great value and will ensure you little one has lots of fun and enrichment.
We highly recommend the Kitten Package for any kitten under 12 months of age.
- Exclusive access to one of our Play Gym Areas
- Cuddles and Play time one on one with our Nannies
- Interactive play toys within their Suite
- Feeding up to 3 times a day
We have a Cat Only Cat Chauffeur available on request. Please see our Cat Chauffeur Page to request and to read additional information regarding this service. Or phone one of our nannies to discuss.
To confirm your booking we do require A $50 non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your cats accommodation. Please be aware this deposit cannot be used as a credit if you cancel or change your dates, even if you are cancelling due to COVID19. This deposit covers our administration cost as we are a small family ran business. By paying your deposit you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions found above. Please check all dates are correct on your confirmation as a charge will apply to change dates (fees are subject to change without notice) The deposit will be deducted from your final account.
The remaining amount needs to be finalised on checking in.
We offer a range of fantastic discounts including:-
(Not available during Easter and Christmas Peak Periods)
- Discounts for stays 30-45 days 5% and 46 days and over 10%
- Discount for multiple cat households sharing accommodation
- Vets and Vet Nurses – 10% discount
- Pet Shop Managers and staff 5% discount
New South Wales School holiday “peak” season incurs a $2.50 surcharge on all bookings including the following dates:-
- 11th of April- 22nd of April 2022
- 4th of July – 15th of July 2022
- 26th of September – 7th of October 2022
New South Wales December 2022/ January 2023 School holiday “peak” season incurs a 10% surcharge on all bookings including the following dates:-
21st of December 2022 till 26th January 2023
* The ‘peak’ fee is only applied per day per room.
5 day minimum payment for Easter Peak Period – Friday 15th April 2022 – Monday 18th April 2022 Inclusive
8 day minimum payment for Christmas/New Year Period – 15th December 2022– 15th January 2023
2 day minimum payment during the year
Please note Cat Utopia Resort & Spa is closed to the public for Check Ins and Check Outs on all gazetted New South Wales Public Holidays and these days will incur a $2.50 surcharge on all bookings.
- Australia Day – Wednesday 26th of January 2022
- Good Friday – Friday 15th of April 2022
- Easter Saturday – Saturday 16th of April 2022
- Easter Sunday – Sunday 17th of April 2022
- Easter Monday – Monday 18th of April 2022
- Anzac Day – Monday 25th of April 2022
- Queens Birthday – Monday 13 of June 2022
- Labour Day – Monday 3rd of October 2022
10% surcharge on all bookings including the following dates:-
- Christmas Day – Sunday 25th December 2022
- Boxing Day – Monday 26th December 2022
- New Years Day Monday 2nd January 2023
CHRISTMAS / NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS TERMS & CONDITIONS
We appreciate all of our valued clientele and we are honored to have cared for your precious cats over over 25 years. We have once again had to turn away hundreds of potential bookings due to our popularity, therefore, we cannot stress enough how important it is to plan early in the year. But again, for Christmas 2019 / New Year 2020, we had empty suites due to last minute cancellations and date changes, which is not fair to our business, but also not fair to those cats needing accommodation during these busy periods.
We do require all bookings to comply with the following STRICT special conditions to ensure that we are able to cater efficiently during these busy periods: We require an 8-night minimum stay during this peak period 15.12.2022 to the 15.01.2023 plus a 10% peak season surcharge will also apply during the period of 21.12.2022 to the 26.01.2023.
We require $100 non-refundable and non-transferable Administration Fee at the time of booking or within 7 days of making your booking to secure your cats accommodation. Please be aware this fee cannot be used as a credit if you cancel or change your dates, even if you are cancelling due to COVID19 government restrictions. This fee covers our administration costs.
Full payment to be made by the 1.12.2022 (please note: to not pay before 1st November 2022) for all bookings from the 15.12.2022 through to the 15.01.2023. Cat Utopia Resort & Spa reserves the right to cancel bookings should they not comply with our special conditions including the payment of the account by the due date.
Cancellations Any cancellations prior to the 1.12.2022 will result in the forfeit of the $100 administration fee. If cancelling is due to Covid government restrictions the booking amount will be refunded minus the $100 Administration Fee. For change of mind bookings after the 1.12.2022 will result in the forfeit of the whole booking amount.
We will be closed to the public for Check ins and Check outs on the;
·Closed from 12pm Saturday 24th December 2022
·Closed Sunday 25th December 2022
·Closed Monday 26th December 2022
·Closed Tuesday 27th December 2022
Cat Utopia will re-open for Check Ins and Check Outs Only (no tours) on the Wednesday 28th of December, Thursday 29th December, Friday 30th December and till 12pm Saturday 31st December 2022
·Closed from 12pm Saturday 31st December 2022
·Closed Sunday 1st January 2023
·Closed Monday 2nd January 2023
Cat Utopia will re-open and operate as normal from the Tuesday 3rd January 2023
Rest assured that our nannies are here for all these “closed” days to ensure our feline guest enjoying there holiday receive individual care.
I thank you for your understanding of these conditions, this helps all our customers have a smooth departure to there holidays. Should you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on 02 4358 2608 If you no longer require this booking please notify us asap via email or phone
Conditions of Boarding
- All cats MUST have been fully vaccinated with the yearly booster of F3 up to F5 at least 2 weeks prior to boarding to ensure they have adequate coverage. For the health and safety of all cats within our establishment, we reserve the right to decline your cat’s admission should the vaccination not be done according to our policies. The owner must present a veterinary certificate to Cat Utopia Resort on or prior to arrival.
- All cats over 6 months of age are to be de-sexed.
- Cat Utopia Resort reserves the right at their discretion to refuse entry and/or admission of any animal(s).
- The full period booked will be charged and must be paid in full.
- Boarding rates are charged per “human motel day basis” according to the Fees Schedule and a day charge of your selected accommodation will be applied for any animal checking out after 11am. Checkout before 11am no charge, subject to variation without notice.
- The Owner specifically declares sole ownership of the pet and declares that all information in regard to their pet(s) provided by them at or prior to admission is true and accurate.
- The owner agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services.
- Should the pet require veterinary attention whilst in the care of Cat Utopia Resort, every effort will be made to contact the owner prior to seeking veterinary advice. However, even if contact is unable to be made, the owner will be liable for all veterinary expenses incurred by their pet. The owner also agrees to pay all costs/charges for boarding, any requested special services and any unforseen veterinary costs incurred by the pet during the time the pet has been in the care of Cat Utopia Resort. I/We authorise such operation and the administration of an anaesthetic provided that such treatment is administered by a fully qualified veterinary surgeon.
- I agree that my cat/s shall not leave Cat Utopia Resort until all fees owing have been paid in full by the owner.
- I agree that if I do not collect my cat/s from Cat Utopia Resort within 14 days of the date on which my cat is due to depart Cat Utopia Resort reserves the right to make necessary arrangements considered appropriate in the circumstances in Cat Utopia Resort’s discretion.
- Any outstanding monies owing to Cat Utopia Resort will be passed onto our debt collectors for recovery and any additional charges that Cat Utopia Resort incur will be added onto the total amount outstanding.
- Under no circumstances is Cat Utopia Resort, or its employees or agents held responsible for paralysis tick, cat flu, illness, fleas, injury, death, loss or damages of any kind whatsoever that may occur to any animal staying at Cat Utopia Resort.
- If for any reason we feel that your senior cat/s requires old age care then it will be implemented at the owner’s expense. This is in the best interest for your cat/s health and wellbeing. Senior Package is compulsory for all cats over the age of 15 years, this will be automatically added to your account. This cost is already included as part of the Orient Accommodation.
- I agree to advise Cat Utopia Resort 24 hours prior to the date of the cat/s departure if changes are made to the date of departure. If changes have been made to the departure date or if the client fails to return by the due date given, the same type of accommodation is not guaranteed.
- If worms, fleas, knots or special needs are detected during your cat/s stay, Cat Utopia Resort will treat and charge accordingly and this will be payable prior to your cat/s departure. Please note that this is in the best interest of your cat/s health and wellbeing.
- If your cat’s flea prevention expires whilst staying at our facility your cat will have flea prevention re-applied and this will be charged to your account accordingly.
- The owner acknowledges that the signing of this contract shall create a lien over the animal in favour of Cat Utopia Resort which shall continue to exist whilst ever monies remain owing pursuant to the contract.
- A pedicure / nail clip is compulsory for all cat’s boarding . We ask that this is done only a week before boarding to avoid Cat Utopia staff having to re-do and a charge being added to your account. If you are unable to clip your cat’s nails, we are able to do this for a charge of $10 per cat. If we find your cat’s nail clip is not sufficient, we will clip your cat’s nails and this will be added to your account. For long term boarders we require all cats to have their nails clips done every month. This will be done and added to your account.
- All cats entering Cat’s Utopia Resort must be in an escape proof carry cage.
- Prescription food (dried and moist) must be supplied by owner and labelled with surname and cat/s name.
- Medication must be labelled with surname and cat/s name. Written instructions for medication by Veterinarian and enough medication to last your cats stay.
- Emergency contact person and contact number must be provided at check in.
- All Customers must provide current drivers license or similar photo identification.
- If customers are offensive, aggressive or rude to our staff, we hold the right to refuse you and your cats entry into our facility.
- Permission to send our Monthly Newsletter to your email address Yes No Please tick