Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Boarding
- All cats MUST have been fully vaccinated with the yearly booster of F3 up to F5 at least 2 weeks prior to boarding to ensure they have adequate coverage. For the health and safety of all cats within our establishment, we reserve the right to decline your cat’s admission should the vaccination not be done according to our policies. The owner must present a veterinary certificate to Cat Utopia Resort on or prior to arrival.
- All cats over 6 months of age are to be de-sexed.
- Cat Utopia Resort reserves the right at their discretion to refuse entry and/or admission of any animal(s).
- The full period booked will be charged and must be paid in full.
- Boarding rates are charged per “human motel day basis” according to the Fees Schedule and a day charge of your selected accommodation will be applied for any animal checking out after 11am. Checkout before 11am no charge, subject to variation without notice.
- The Owner specifically declares sole ownership of the pet and declares that all information in regard to their pet(s) provided by them at or prior to admission is true and accurate.
- The owner agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services.
- Should the pet require veterinary attention whilst in the care of Cat Utopia Resort, every effort will be made to contact the owner prior to seeking veterinary advice. However, even if contact is unable to be made, the owner will be liable for all veterinary expenses incurred by their pet. The owner also agrees to pay all costs/charges for boarding, any requested special services and any unforseen veterinary costs incurred by the pet during the time the pet has been in the care of Cat Utopia Resort. I/We authorise such operation and the administration of an anaesthetic provided that such treatment is administered by a fully qualified veterinary surgeon.
- I agree that my cat/s shall not leave Cat Utopia Resort until all fees owing have been paid in full by the owner.
- I agree that if I do not collect my cat/s from Cat Utopia Resort within 14 days of the date on which my cat is due to depart Cat Utopia Resort reserves the right to make necessary arrangements considered appropriate in the circumstances in Cat Utopia Resort’s discretion.
- Any outstanding monies owing to Cat Utopia Resort will be passed onto our debt collectors for recovery and any additional charges that Cat Utopia Resort incur will be added onto the total amount outstanding.
- Under no circumstances is Cat Utopia Resort, or its employees or agents held responsible for paralysis tick, cat flu, illness, fleas, injury, death, loss or damages of any kind whatsoever that may occur to any animal staying at Cat Utopia Resort.
- If for any reason we feel that your senior cat/s requires old age care then it will be implemented at the owner’s expense. This is in the best interest for your cat/s health and wellbeing.
- I agree to advise Cat Utopia Resort 24 hours prior to the date of the cat/s departure if changes are made to the date of departure. If changes have been made to the departure date or if the client fails to return by the due date given, the same type of accommodation is not guaranteed.
- If worms, fleas, knots or special needs are detected during your cat/s stay, Cat Utopia Resort will treat and charge accordingly and this will be payable prior to your cat/s departure. Please note that this is in the best interest of your cat/s health and wellbeing.
- If your cat’s flea prevention expires whilst staying at our facility your cat will have flea prevention re-applied and this will be charged to your account accordingly.
- The owner acknowledges that the signing of this contract shall create a lien over the animal in favour of Cat Utopia Resort which shall continue to exist whilst ever monies remain owing pursuant to the contract.
- A pedicure / nail clip is compulsory for all cat’s boarding . We ask that this is done only a week before boarding to avoid Cat Utopia staff having to re-do and a charge being added to your account. If you are unable to clip your cat’s nails, we are able to do this for a charge of $10 per cat. If we find your cat’s nail clip is not sufficient, we will clip your cat’s nails and this will be added to your account. For long term boarders we require all cats to have their nails clips done every month. This will be done and added to your account.
- All cats entering Cat’s Utopia Resort must be in an escape proof carry cage.
- Prescription food (dried and moist) must be supplied by owner and labelled with surname and cat/s name.
- Medication must be labelled with surname and cat/s name. Written instructions for medication by Veterinarian and enough medication to last your cats stay.
- Emergency contact person and contact number must be provided at check in.
- All Customers must provide current drivers license or similar photo identification.
- If customers are offensive, aggressive or rude to our staff, we hold the right to refuse you and your cats entry into our facility.
Hours of Operation
At Cat Utopia Our fur Guests are our No 1. Priority and we spend a lot of time with them that is why we have limited hours for Check Ins / Check Outs and Resort Tours (Reception Hours)
Reception Hours for Check In / Check Outs and Resort Tours are:
Monday – Saturday 8:30am to 11:00am ~ Closed on Sundays
Office Hours for contact via phone & emails are:
Monday – Saturday 8:30am – 5pm ~ Closed on Sundays
After Hours Check In and Check Outs via Our Transit Lounge by Appt Only
Monday – Saturday 3pm – 5pm & Sunday 9am – 11am – 3pm-5pm
Fees do apply for usage on Sundays $15
To confirm your booking we do require a $100 deposit at time of booking. By paying your deposit you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions found above. Please check all dates are correct on your confirmation as a charge will apply to change dates (fees are subject to change without notice) The deposit is non-refundable and will be deducted from your final account. You can pay online by credit card or Paypal or by credit card over the phone during business hours.
* Please note that if your booking totals less than $100, you will only be required to pay your total booking amount. (For example, if your booking totals $50 you will only be required to pay $50 instead of $100 deposit).
The remaining amount needs to be finalised on checking in.
We offer a range of fantastic discounts including:-
(Not available during Easter and Christmas Peak Periods)
- Discounts for stays 30-45 days 5% and 46 days and over 10%
- Discount for multiple cat households sharing accommodation
- Vets and Vet Nurses – 10% discount
- Pet Shop Managers and staff 5% discount
New South Wales School holiday “peak” season incurs a $2 surcharge on all bookings including the following dates:-
- Saturday 14th April 2018 – Sunday 29th April 2018
- Saturday 7th July 2018 – Sunday 22nd July 2018
- Saturday 29th September 2018 – Sunday 14th October 2018
New South Wales December 2018 / January 2019 School holiday “peak” season incurs a 10% surcharge on all bookings including the following dates:-
Thursday 20th December 2018 – Tuesday 29th January 2019
* The ‘peak’ fee is only applied per day per room.
5 day minimum payment for Easter Peak Period – Friday 30th March 2018 – Monday 2nd April 2018 Inclusive
8 day minimum payment for Christmas/New Year Period – 20th December 2018 – 14th January 2019
2 day minimum payment during the year
Please note Cat Utopia Resort & Spa is closed to the public for Check Ins and Check Outs on all gazetted New South Wales Public Holidays and these days will incur a $2 surcharge on all bookings.
- Australia Day – Friday 26th January 2018
- Good Friday – 30th March 2018
- Easter Saturday – Saturday 31st March 2018
- Easter Sunday – Sunday 1st April 2018
- Easter Monday – Monday 2nd April 2018
- Anzac Day – Wednesday 25th April 2018
- Queens Birthday – Monday 11th June 2018
- Labour Day – Monday 1st October 2018
10% surcharge on all bookings including the following dates:-
- Christmas Day – Tuesday 25th December 2018
- Boxing Day – Wednesday 26th December 2018
- New Years Day Tuesday 1st January 2019
CHRISTMAS / NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS TERMS & CONDITIONS
We appreciate all of our valued clientele and we are honoured to have cared for your precious cats over the last 25 years. We have once again had to turn away hundreds of potential bookings due to our popularity, therefore, we cannot stress enough how important it is to plan early in the year. But again, for Christmas 2017/New Year 2018, we had empty suites due to last minute cancellations and date changes, which is not fair to our business, but also not fair to those cats needing accommodation during these busy periods.
We do require all bookings to comply with the following STRICT special conditions to ensure that we are able to cater efficiently during these busy periods: We require an 8-night minimum stay during this peak period 20th December 2018 to the 14th January 2019 plus a 10% peak season surcharge will also apply during the period of 20th December 2018 to the 29th January 2019.
We require full payment to be made by the 1st November 2018 for all bookings from the 10th December 2018 through to the 10th January 2019.
Cat Utopia Resort & Spa reserves the right to cancel bookings should they not comply with our special conditions including the payment of the account by the due date.
All cancellations after the 1st of December 2018 will result in the forfeit of the whole booking amount. Any cancellations prior to the 1st December 2018 will result in the forfeit of the $100 non-refundable deposit.
Changes to bookings after confirmation has been made, including date changes, will incur a $25 administration fee. Please be aware these changes may not be able to be amended during the peak period, if this is the result the $25 fee will still be charged due to the time taken to request this change. Please note: The full period booked will still be charged and must be paid in full by requested date over this peak period even if dates booked have been reduced.
We will be closed to the public for Check ins and Check outs on the;
- Closed Sunday 23rd December 2018
- Closed Tuesday 25th December 2018
- Closed Wednesday 26th December 2018
Cat Utopia will re-open for Check Ins and Check Outs Only (no tours) on the Thursday 27th, Friday 28th and Saturday 29th December 2018.
- Closed Sunday 30th December 2018
- Closed Monday 31st December 2018
- Closed Tuesday 1st January 2019
- Closed Wednesday 2nd January 2019
Cat Utopia will re-open and operate as normal from the Thursday 3rd January 2019.
Rest assured that our nannies are here for a majority of the day over these “closed” days to take extra special, individual care of your feline friends.
I thank you for your understanding of these conditions, which helps reduce administration time and stress on the cats and our Nannies. Should you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on 02 4358 2608 If you no longer require this booking please notify us asap via email or phone.
Thank you for choosing Cat Utopia Resort for your cat’s holiday.
We charge a $3 per Veterinary prescribed medication fee to cover the specialised service our qualified staff provide.
Please check what food is included in your cat’s accommodation option. If the food you would normally feed your cat is not included in their accommodation, you can supply this or we can provide this to your cat and add to your account. Please speak with our nannies if you have any questions.