Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Boarding
- All cats MUST have been fully vaccinated with the yearly booster of F3 up to F5 at least 2 weeks prior to boarding to ensure they have adequate coverage. For the health and safety of all cats within our establishment, we reserve the right to decline your cat’s admission should the vaccination not be done according to our policies. The owner must present a veterinary certificate to Cat Utopia Resort on or prior to arrival.
- All cats over 6 months of age are to be de-sexed.
- Cat Utopia Resort reserves the right at their discretion to refuse entry and/or admission of any animal(s).
- The full period booked will be charged and must be paid in full.
- Boarding rates are charged per “human motel day basis” according to the Fees Schedule and a day charge of your selected accommodation will be applied for any animal checking out after 11am. Checkout before 11am no charge, subject to variation without notice.
- The Owner specifically declares sole ownership of the pet and declares that all information in regard to their pet(s) provided by them at or prior to admission is true and accurate.
- The owner agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services.
- Should the pet require veterinary attention whilst in the care of Cat Utopia Resort, every effort will be made to contact the owner prior to seeking veterinary advice. However, even if contact is unable to be made, the owner will be liable for all veterinary expenses incurred by their pet. The owner also agrees to pay all costs/charges for boarding, any requested special services and any unforseen veterinary costs incurred by the pet during the time the pet has been in the care of Cat Utopia Resort. I/We authorise such operation and the administration of an anaesthetic provided that such treatment is administered by a fully qualified veterinary surgeon.
- I agree that my cat/s shall not leave Cat Utopia Resort until all fees owing have been paid in full by the owner.
- I agree that if I do not collect my cat/s from Cat Utopia Resort within 14 days of the date on which my cat is due to depart Cat Utopia Resort reserves the right to make necessary arrangements considered appropriate in the circumstances in Cat Utopia Resort’s discretion.
- Any outstanding monies owing to Cat Utopia Resort will be passed onto our debt collectors for recovery and any additional charges that Cat Utopia Resort incur will be added onto the total amount outstanding.
- Under no circumstances is Cat Utopia Resort, or its employees or agents held responsible for paralysis tick, cat flu, illness, fleas, injury, death, loss or damages of any kind whatsoever that may occur to any animal staying at Cat Utopia Resort.
- If for any reason we feel that your senior cat/s requires old age care then it will be implemented at the owner’s expense. This is in the best interest for your cat/s health and wellbeing. Senior Package is compulsory for all cats over the age of 15 years, this will be automatically added to your account. This cost is already included as part of the Orient Accommodation.
- I agree to advise Cat Utopia Resort 24 hours prior to the date of the cat/s departure if changes are made to the date of departure. If changes have been made to the departure date or if the client fails to return by the due date given, the same type of accommodation is not guaranteed.
- If worms, fleas, knots or special needs are detected during your cat/s stay, Cat Utopia Resort will treat and charge accordingly and this will be payable prior to your cat/s departure. Please note that this is in the best interest of your cat/s health and wellbeing.
- If your cat’s flea prevention expires whilst staying at our facility your cat will have flea prevention re-applied and this will be charged to your account accordingly.
- The owner acknowledges that the signing of this contract shall create a lien over the animal in favour of Cat Utopia Resort which shall continue to exist whilst ever monies remain owing pursuant to the contract.
- A pedicure / nail clip is compulsory for all cat’s boarding . We ask that this is done only a week before boarding to avoid Cat Utopia staff having to re-do and a charge being added to your account. If you are unable to clip your cat’s nails, we are able to do this for a charge of $10 per cat. If we find your cat’s nail clip is not sufficient, we will clip your cat’s nails and this will be added to your account. For long term boarders we require all cats to have their nails clips done every month. This will be done and added to your account.
- All cats entering Cat’s Utopia Resort must be in an escape proof carry cage.
- Prescription food (dried and moist) must be supplied by owner and labelled with surname and cat/s name.
- Medication must be labelled with surname and cat/s name. Written instructions for medication by Veterinarian and enough medication to last your cats stay.
- Emergency contact person and contact number must be provided at check in.
- All Customers must provide current drivers license or similar photo identification.
- If customers are offensive, aggressive or rude to our staff, we hold the right to refuse you and your cats entry into our facility.
- Permission to send our Monthly Newsletter to your email address Yes No Please tick
Hours of Operation
At Cat Utopia Our fur Guests are our No 1. Priority and we spend a lot of time with them that is why we have limited hours for Check Ins / Check Outs and Resort Tours (Reception Hours)
Reception Hours for Check In / Check Outs and Resort Tours are:
Monday – Saturday 9:00 am to 11:00 am ~ Closed on Sundays
Office Hours for contact via phone & emails are:
Monday – Saturday 9:00 am – 4 pm ~ Closed on Sundays
After Hours Check In and Check Outs via Our Transit Lounge by Appt Only
Monday – Saturday by appointment only & Sunday by appointment only
Fees do apply for usage on Sundays $15
To confirm your booking we do require A $50 non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your cats accommodation. Please be aware this deposit cannot be used as a credit if you cancel or change your dates, even if you are cancelling due to COVID19. This deposit covers our administration cost as we are a small family ran business. By paying your deposit you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions found above. Please check all dates are correct on your confirmation as a charge will apply to change dates (fees are subject to change without notice) The deposit will be deducted from your final account.
The remaining amount needs to be finalised on checking in.
We offer a range of fantastic discounts including:-
(Not available during Easter and Christmas Peak Periods)
- Discounts for stays 30-45 days 5% and 46 days and over 10%
- Discount for multiple cat households sharing accommodation
- Vets and Vet Nurses – 10% discount
- Pet Shop Managers and staff 5% discount
New South Wales School holiday “peak” season incurs a $2.50 surcharge on all bookings including the following dates:-
- 2nd of April- 18th of April 2021
- 26th June – 11th of July 2021
- 18th of September – 4th of October 2021
New South Wales December 2020/ January 2021 School holiday “peak” season incurs a 10% surcharge on all bookings including the following dates:-
18th of December 2021 till 27th January 2022
* The ‘peak’ fee is only applied per day per room.
5 day minimum payment for Easter Peak Period – Thursday 1st of April 2021 – Tuesday 6th April 2021 Inclusive
8 day minimum payment for Christmas/New Year Period – 20th December 2021– 16th January 2022 inclusive
2 day minimum payment during the year
Please note Cat Utopia Resort & Spa is closed to the public for Check Ins and Check Outs on all gazetted New South Wales Public Holidays and these days will incur a $2.50 surcharge on all bookings.
- Australia Day – Tuesday 26th 2021
- Good Friday – Friday 2nd of April 2021
- Easter Saturday – Saturday 3rd of April 2021
- Easter Sunday – Sunday 4th of April 2021
- Easter Monday – Monday 5th of April 2021
- Anzac Day – Sunday 25th of April 2021
- Queens Birthday – Monday 14th of June 2021
- Labour Day – Monday 4th of October 2021
10% surcharge on all bookings including the following dates:-
- Christmas Day – Saturday 25th December 2021
- Boxing Day – Sunday 26th December 2021
- Extra Days for Christmas and Boxing Day Monday 27th December and Tuesday 28th December 2021
- New Years Day Saturday 1st January 2022
- Additional Day for New Years 3rd January 2022
CHRISTMAS / NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS TERMS & CONDITIONS
We appreciate all of our valued clientele and we are honored to have cared for your precious cats over over 25 years. We have once again had to turn away hundreds of potential bookings due to our popularity, therefore, we cannot stress enough how important it is to plan early in the year. But again, for Christmas 2020 / New Year 2021, we had empty suites due to last minute cancellations and date changes, which is not fair to our business, but also not fair to those cats needing accommodation during these busy periods.
We do require all bookings to comply with the following STRICT special conditions to ensure that we are able to cater efficiently during these busy periods: We require an 8-night minimum stay during this peak period 20th December 2021 to the 16th January 2022(inclusive) plus a 10% peak season surcharge will also apply during the period of 18th December 2021 to the 27th January 2022
We require full payment to be made by the 1st November 2021 for all bookings from the 20th December 2021 through to the 16th January 2022.
Cat Utopia Resort & Spa reserves the right to cancel bookings should they not comply with our special conditions including the payment of the account by the due date.
All cancellations after the 1st of December 2021 will result in the forfeit of the whole booking amount.
Please note: The full period booked will still be charged and must be paid in full by requested date over this peak period even if dates booked have been reduced.
We will be closed to the public for Check ins and Check outs on the;
- Closed from 12pm Friday 24th December 2021
- Closed Saturday 25th December 2021
- Closed Sunday 26th December 2021
- Closed Monday 27th December 2021 (Transit Lounge only fees apply)
- Closed Tuesday 28th December 2021 (Transit Lounge only fees apply)
Cat Utopia will re-open for Check Ins and Check Outs Only (no tours) on the Tuesday 28th of December, Wednesday 30th December and till 11am Thursday 31st December 2020.
- Closed from 12pm Friday 31st January 2022
- Closed Saturday 1st January 2022
- Closed Sunday 2nd January 2022
- Closed Monday 3rd January 2022 (Transit Lounge only fees apply)
Cat Utopia will re-open and operate as normal from the Tuesday 4th January 2022.
Rest assured that our nannies are here for a majority of the day over these “closed” days to take extra special, individual care of your feline friends.
I thank you for your understanding of these conditions, which helps reduce administration time and stress on the cats and our Nannies. Should you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on 02 4358 2608 If you no longer require this booking please notify us asap via email or phone.
Thank you for choosing Cat Utopia Resort for your cat’s holiday.
At Cat Utopia Resort we realise that our beloved friends enter their elderly years at the age of around 12, and with this may come similar conditions to that of an 80 year old human. Though they may appear to be in good health externally, sometimes their body can be showing more than their age internally. Our Senior pet clients have intensive monitoring and recording to help us recognise any subtle signs that an unwell senior may show and enable us to quickly take action to treat any ill health.
Senior Package is compulsory for all cats over the age of 15 years, this will be automatically added to your account. Excluding if your cat is staying in the Orient Suite.
If for any reason we feel that your senior cat/s requires old age care then it will be implemented at the owner’s expense. This is in the best interest for your cat/s health and wellbeing.
- Intensive monitoring of health
- Walking and access to sunny areas for them to laze in the sun
- Vitamin and mineral supplements when required
- Specially prepared senior food
- Step up bench for access to sleeping areas
- Extra litter
We realise that kittens do require extra attention and play time to keep them busy during their holiday! The Kitten package is great value and will ensure you little one has lots of fun and enrichment.
We highly recommend the Kitten Package for any kitten under 12 months of age.
- Exclusive access to one of our Play Gym Areas
- Cuddles and Play time one on one with our Nannies
- Interactive play toys within their Suite
- Feeding up to 3 times a day
We charge a $3 per Veterinary prescribed medication fee to cover the specialised service our qualified staff provide.
Please check what food is included in your cat’s accommodation option. If the food you would normally feed your cat is not included in their accommodation, you can supply this or we can provide this to your cat and add to your account. Please speak with our nannies if you have any que20